Hair “Botox” is a deep conditioning treatment that eliminates frizz, adds volume and rejuvenates damaged hair and improves the health of your hair. It’s marketed as a safer alternative to keratin treatment, which typically contains harsh chemicals like formaldehyde.
Hair Botox is suitable for all hair types.
Hair Botox is much safer than keratin treatment.
WHAT IS HAIR BOTOX?
Hair Botox might share its name with the popular anti-wrinkle treatment, but that’s where the similarities end. Whereas Botox is an injectable product used cosmetically to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, Hair Botox is a topical treatment intended for use on hair. Hair Botox does not contain botulinum toxin, the neurotoxin in Botox that relaxes facial muscles and smoothes the skin.
The active ingredients found in Hair Botox can vary depending on the product, but likely includes:
- B5 Vitamins
- E Vitamins
- Argan Oil
- Coconut Oil
- Collagen Complex
- Glyoxylic Acid
DOES IT WORK?
Hair Botox can improve the appearance and health of your hair. The treatment reduces frizz, makes your hair look smoother and reduces styling time. Hair Botox also hydrates and moisturizes your hair. This helps reverse damage, prevents split ends and supports hair growth.
Results are visible immediately and tend to last for approximately three months. The effects of Hair Botox can typically vary depending on lifestyle factors and your hair type.
WHO IS GOOD CANDIDATE FOR HAIR BOTOX?
Keratin treatment is usually reserved for people with coarse, frizzy hair. Hair Botox, on the other hand, can be used by just about anyone who wishes to enhance the appearance of their hair. Hair Botox acts on a structural level to help repair damaged hair, making it suitable for a wide range of candidates, including people with:
- Fine hair
- Thin hair
- Thick hair
- Curly hair
- Straight hair
- Split ends
Thanks to the rejuvenating properties of Hair Botox, it can also be used to reverse hair damage caused by:
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT?
The treatment involves:
- Washing your hair with a cleanser to remove buildup and prepare it for conditioning.
- Separating your hair into sections.
- Applying the Hair Botox by brushing and/or massaging the product into your hair.
- Sealing the treatment. Specialist will leave the product in for 30-90 minutes before rinsing it out and straightening your hair with a flat iron or may choose to leave the product on while drying and straightening your hair.
HAIR BOTOX SIDE EFFECTS
Hair Botox is generally considered to be very safe. Most people are able to achieve good results without experiencing any negative side effects. As with most topical treatments, there is a small risk of an allergic reaction occurring. A small spot test on your hair is performed to see how your body responds before applying the product to the rest of your head. Similarly, we will try to avoid getting Hair Botox on your skin to reduce the risk of triggering a skin reaction.
HAIR BOTOX VS KERATIN TREATMENT
Hair Botox and keratin treatment share a number of similarities. Both products can be used to make your hair smoother, shinier and easier to style, and both products tend to last for roughly three months. However, they also have some key differences to be aware of:
- Hair Botox is suitable for all types of hair, while keratin treatment is usually used only on thick, frizzy hair.
- Hair Botox conditions and rejuvenates damaged hair, whereas keratin treatment may cause damage with repeat treatments.
- HAIR BOTOX DOES NOT CONTAIN FORMLDEHYDE
- The most important difference between Hair Botox and keratin treatment is that Hair Botox does not contain formaldehyde. This makes it much safer to use than keratin. Overexposure to formaldehyde can increase the risk of cancer. In 2011, the National Toxicology Program reassessed formaldehyde and updated its listing to “known to be a human carcinogen”.
The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Always consult your physician before beginning any treatment program.