WHAT IS THE PLASMA PEN™?
Plasma Pen™ is the world’s most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat wrinkles, and sagging, dull skin. The Plasma Pen™ is an FDA approved, CE approved device used to perform fibroblast therapy, a technique used to stimulate production of collagen in the skin.
HOW DOES THE PLASMA PEN™ WORK?
Our highly trained and certified Plasma Pen™ specialists use the device to delivery soft-surgery plasma fibroblasting. The plasma significantly tightens, lifts, resurfaces, and regenerates practically any area of the skin.
Plasma Pen™ converts electrical energy into gaseous diatomic molecular nitrogen and transmits that energized gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface from above. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer (top layers) whilst simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conduction. This treatment is also known as fibroblasting. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
WHAT AREAS OF THE BODY CAN BE TREATED WITH PLASMA PEN™?
- Fibroblasting produces excellent results for any area of the body, particularly the face and neck regions.
- Upper and lower eyelids – bags and hoods
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – the creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasolabial folds / smile lines – the folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Belly button
PLASMA PEN™ VS. COSMETIC SURGERY
- No injectable anesthetic required
- No scalpel, no cutting and no ablation of the skin
- No stitches and no scars
- Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects
- Short downtime
- No thinning of the skin and more uniform that ablative resurfacing using lasers
- No asymmetries and no risks of any overcorrection
- Cost effective
- Long lasting results – usually around 2-3 years and can be permanent
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT PLASMA PEN™ VS. OTHER FIBROBLASTING DEVICES?
Other fibroblasting devices are often referred to as Plasma Pen™ but are not the actual trademarked device. Other competitor’s devices can be purchased from e.g. from China and are not true plasma technology and professional use can be dangerous.
Many of the specialists performing fibroblasting are not professionally trained. There are many contraindications for fibroblasting including but not limited to certain medical conditions, medications and skin types. Also, it is important to mention the specific techniques used to obtain the best results. Be very cautious.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO SEE RESULTS?
Plasma Pen™ skin tightening results are impressive but should not be proposed as an alternative to surgery in cases of moderate to severe skin laxity. Only surgery can achieve these kinds of results. You will typically see immediate tightening along with cumulative improvements over the next three months in the appearance of saggy skin. In some cases it may require more than one session depending on the desired results.
IS THE PLASMA PEN™ TREATMENT PAINFUL?
Plasma Pen™ is mildly to moderately uncomfortable. Everyone’s pain level is different and some areas of the body are more sensitive than others. Numbing cream is helpful in reducing the discomfort during the treatment.
WHAT ARE THE RISKS OF THE PLASMA PEN™ TREATMENT?
The Plasma Pen™ is a relatively safe treatment, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. However, no procedure is without risks and it’s important to review and understand the contraindications and risks.
- Swelling and bruising
- Scabbing and crusting
- Skin discoloration
WHAT DOWNTIME CAN I EXPECT AFTER PLASMA PEN™ TREATMENT?
- Redness, swelling and scabbing in the treatment area
- Average of 8 days downtime on the face and neck areas
- Average of 10 to 14 days on the body, depending on the area being treated and the intensity of the treatment
- Swelling usually begins the day following your treatment, and peaks around day 3
- After day 3, swelling subsides and scabs form
- Scabs normally begin to fall off around day 6 and 7 (for face and neck)
Please be aware that the days indicated are simply guidelines for average healing time. Healing time and results may be negatively compromised by not following the after care protocol: no drinking alcohol, no smoking and no picking/scrubbing. If your health is compromised in any way, this can also extend your healing time and negatively affect your results.
WHAT SKIN TYPES MAY NOT BE GOOD CANDIDATES FOR PLASMA PEN™ TREATMENT?
Darker skin tones (African American, African, Latin, Native American, Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian and people of mixed ethnicities) may not be good candidates for Plasma Pen™.
Revive Clinic™ is committed to safe and effective treatments for all. When in doubt, we don’t risk it! We do not provide Plasma Pen™ treatments on Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6:
BOOK YOUR PLASMA PEN™ CONSULTATION TODAY!
If you think the Plasma Pen™ treatment may be right for you, we invite you to book a free 15 minute Plasma Pen™ consultation. During this consultation, we will evaluate your skin, discuss risks and contraindications, and answer any questions you have regarding the treatment.
|EyeBrow Lift||1 hour||$800|
|Under Eyelid lift||1 hour||$600|
|Crows Feet||1 hour||$400|
|Full Forehead||1 hour||$500|
|Frown lines||1 hour||$300|
|Lip flip – top or bottom||1 hour 30 minutes||$400|
|Jowl||1 hour 30 minutes||$600|
|Before Ears Line Wrinkles||1 hour||$250|
|Cheeks Mid Face Lift||1 hour 30 minutes||$450|
|Full Face Full Face Lift (5 areas)||3 hours||$2000|
|Neck lift||1 hour 30 minutes||$1500|
|Belly Button Skin Correction||1 hour||$400|
|Skin Tags||30 minutes||$25 and up|
|Plasma Fibroblast Consultation||30 minutes||$75|