WHAT IS DERMAPLANING?
Dermaplaning is a manual exfoliation performed by using a dermatome, a specialized surgical blade that safely and effectively removes the uppermost layer of the skin, specifically dead skin cells that have accumulated over time. The consequences of leaving useless, old skin cells on facial skin is skin that appears dull, blemished and aged. However, dermaplaning your skin allows fresh, new skin cells to exude their healthy glow so that your face feels clean and looks dramatically invigorated.
HOW DERMAPLANNING PROCESS LOOKS LIKE?
- Also referred to as “blading” or “leveling the skin”, dermaplaning is performed at Revive Clinic™ as a procedure that generally takes about 30 minutes to complete. Dermaplaning is painless and involves one of our specialists holding a dermatome at a 45 degree angle against your skin in order to gently stroke your skin to remove only the epidermal layer. In fact, it looks and feels like someone is simply giving your a professional shave.
- No chemicals are applied to your skin
- Generally takes less than 30 minutes
HAIR REMOVAL AND ACNE SCARRING
People who wish to have facial “fuzz” removed or suffer from minor acne scars will find dermaplaning to be an ideal technique for improving these conditions. Waxing and tweezing unwanted hair away is painful and often leaves skin irritated, red and bumpy. Dermaplaning is a painless alternative to these less than pleasant hair removal procedures.
Additionally, the appearance of acne scars that have not recessed into the dermal layer of the skin can be reduced by the action of the dermatome sloughing off dead skin cells that exacerbate the visibility of these types of scars.
WHAT ELSE MAY DERMAPLANING BE USED FOR?
Depending on the severity of a person’s skin condition, dermplaning may also be able to improve the appearance of skin discolorations, fine lines, excessively dry, coarse skin and large pores.
Essentially, dermaplaning is an effective skin rejuvenation technique that can give you smoother, clearer and younger-looking skin by diminishing the unattractiveness of a variety of minor skin conditions.
Dermaplaning induces collagen release and also thickens collagen to further enrich your skin’s health.
PATIENTS HAVE REPORTED THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS OF DERMAPLANING:
- Results are visible immediately after a dermaplaning session
- Complexion is not swollen or red
- Can help unclog blackheads and whiteheads
- Stimulates growth of new skin cells
- Promotes absorption of skin products you use at home
Facial hair that is removed by dermaplaning does not grow back thicker because it is vellous hair. Vellous hairs are translucent, whitish-colored hairs that always return in the same condition that they originally sprouted. It is physiologically impossible for hair to grow back differently, whether it is facial “fuzz”, eyebrows or underarm hair.
HOW OFTEN DO YOU NEED DERMAPLANING TREATMENT TO KEEP YOUR SKIN LOOKING GREAT?
You need to undergo a dermplaning procedure once a month because skin blading actually removes over 21 days worth of dead and old skin cells.
IS IT A SAFE PROCEDURE?
Absolutely yes. Professional specialists at Revive Clinic™ possess the training and knowledge necessary to perform dermaplaning using stainless steel surgical blades. No downtime is associated with dermaplaning and patients often remark how clean and fresh their skin feels after the procedure is completed.
|Dermaplaning||1 TREATMENT||4 TREATMENTS|
|Face + neck + decolette||$200||$680|
|Back of hands||$75||$260|
The material on this website is provided for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Always consult your physician before beginning any treatment program.